a Law Practice
This checklist has been provided
by Robert R. Wietzke, CPA, CVA, and President of the Valuation firms
of Valuation Professionals in connection with a presentation before
the State Bar of California Annual Convention. They welcome inquiries
LAW FIRM INFORMATION
DOCUMENTS REQUESTED FOR
BUSINESS VALUATION ENGAGEMENTS
1. Annual financial statements and tax returns
for the last three years.
2. Interim financial statements through last
3. Copies of any forecasts or projections.
OTHER FINANCIAL DATA
4. Copies of business plan.
5. Schedule of compensation.
6. Reports of other professionals:
a. Appraisals on specific assets.
b. Reports of other consultants.
OTHER OPERATING DATA
7. Brochures, information, website.
8. Resumes or a summary of the background and
9. Breakout of revenue mix. What % of Business
is direct selling, referral, advertising, etc? Give examples.
10. Details of significant lease and loans, including
notes receivable and note payable.
11. Copies of partnership agreements, including
any stock option agreements.
12. Copies of any buy-sell agreements and/or
written offers to purchase or sell company stock.
13. Details of key managers' employment contracts.
14. Details of any litigation, including pending
or threatened lawsuits.
15. Details of any employee benefit plans, including
pension plans, profit-sharing plans, and employee stock option plans.
16. Reports of examination issued by government
agencies such as IRS or EEOC.